There is a Recovery Revolution growing.
There is a tide flowing.
There is a cultural shift in the way our nation views struggles with substances.
Come, join us and join the revolution!
Recovery Allies is a cutting edge grassroots non-profit organization based in Grand Rapids, Michigan. We are an RCO: Recovery Community Organization and one of about 125 or so, nationwide.
What’s an RCO? Well, that’s extremely important to know as RCOs are the front lines of the new Recovery Revolution and building more and more momentum in changing the way we view substance use issues – Substance Use Disorder – from individuals all the way up to large corporations.
The purpose of RCOs is to educate and elevate the Pathways Concept in recovery.
The Pathways Concept is the core of the Recovery Revolution. This concept is that there are many pathways into substance use disorder, dependency and addiction. Just as there are many pathways in so – too – there are many pathways out. For over 75 years the public at large has believed that there is only 1 way out, through a 12-step program and necessary connection to a higher power. If this works for an individual that is wonderful. But, the problem is that it does not work for the majority of individuals coming into contact with 12-step entities. AA’s own website indicates success for approximately 10% of those engaging the program. Thus, let’s celebrate this 10% and educate the other 90% on other pathways. These include but are not limited to: SMART Recovery, LifeRing, Women For Sobriety, Wellbriety, Refuge Recovery… and others. Pathways also refers to helping individuals engage with and discover their passions in life. These things – like meditation, yoga, fitness, writing, horses, animals, motorcycle riding, cooking, sewing, artwork, etc., etc., etc… open endless doors to endless pathways to wellness and being, as we often say: Better than well.
Recovery Allies spreads the message and educates on the Pathways Concept as much as possible. We do this through the digital world, trainings and creating Recovery Coaches and Mentors. Coaches are PEER SUPPORT INDIVIDUALS whom walk side by side with those struggling with a substance issues and those whom love and care for this individual. Coaches and Mentors can be professionals or any individual wanting to expand and enlighten his/her concept of the world of recovery.
Recovery Allies also mentors parents whom are separated from their children via the foster care system. A majority of these separations are due to untreated Substance Use Disorder and our mentors and coaches work with these parents via our Safe Passages program in collaboration with a local established foster care organization based in Kent County, Michigan.
So come… would you like to learn more?
Would you like to be a part of this truly historical moment in helping our nation to change the way we address substance issues and Substance Use Disorder?
The front lines of the Recovery Revolution may be a little messy and may be a little intense, at times. Through adversity there is always growth… provided we chose that path.
But, the end goal in sight – HELPING ALL TO LIVE THE HIGHEST QUALITY OF LIFE AN INDIVIDUAL CAN CREATE – is well worth all the time, effort and energy we can give.
Come… join the Recovery Revolution with Recovery Allies.